Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Three Things In Common

A long time ago Johnny Carson would play this game with Ed. Ed would name three things and then Johnny would have to tell the audience what they all had in common with each other. So, I thought it would be fun to play this game on my blog. I am going to give you three not so random topics and you have to guess what they all have in common. If you want to do this like Johnny you will need a turban or some wacky hat, so when you find one come back and play this game!

Here we go......

1. Leukemia Scare


2. Kindergarten


3. almost deadly bus accident



Can you guess what these three things have in common???




If you would like the answer keep reading. If you need more time to think about it, I understand.

What these three not so random events have in common are . . . . . drum roll please. . . . .

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE DINGER FAMILY


Obviously I can joke about it now, so everything must have turned out okay but here is the scoop.
1. Maddie has had some weird spots on her legs. First they are red, then they turn in to bruises. They keep replenishing themselves to the point that Dan and I have started to worry. Maddie began to complain that her legs felt sore. I took her to the Dr.'s yesterday and Dr. Zieba was stumped. Dr. Zieba took a urine test which came out normal. She then asked how I felt about doing some blood work on Maddie. She said that her gut was telling her that Maddie was just fine, but that her head was telling her to rule out anything and everything. She admitted that it could be a platelet problem. (That's a red flag right there because I knew she was trying not to say the word cancer or Leukemia) She saw the look on my face and told me not to worry just yet. I called Dan and he rushed to the hospital's lab to support Maddie. To make a long story short, the Dr. called today and her labs came back fine. The Dr. thinks Maddie just bruises easily because she is all muscle without an ounce of fat. I wish I had that problem.

2. Zach is officially registered for Kindergarten. He passed with flying colors and did great. I was so proud of Zach. He was almost over confident (which was okay with me). I have a feeling he is going to love Kindergarten. We met the new principal and some of the new Kindergarten teachers that will be teaching at the brand new elementary school the kids will be attending. We will definitely miss Mary McPherson though.

3. Finally, the bus story. My boys love school buses. Zach takes one too and from school so you would think he would be over his infatuation by now, but instead he has passed it on to his younger brother. We sit outside on the front porch every day and wait for the bus to come. The boys get so excited. Today was no different, except I got cold. I ran in to grab a jacket and I hear the bus horn honking several times. I ran out and saw Jackson in the middle of the road with his arms out stretched wanting to "hug" the bus. The bus was a few houses down because Jackson kept running towards it. The bus driver thought it was very funny, but was also worried for Jack's safety. I ran out and had to chase him half way down the block. He knew he was in trouble. The bus driver was a good sport about it, but I was quite upset at Jackson.

If you guessed correctly what these three things had in common give yourself a pat on the back!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

That post was hilarious! I am glad your kids are all ok and that no one is hurt! I am sure you have been stressed with that and your big activity tomorrow! Call me if you need any help! I can so visualize Jackson running down the street trying to get away from you!

Katherine said...

Glad you are all ok! Love ya.

jessica said...

Wowza! Glad that was your week and not mine!

SD and EJ said...

Scary! But I guess it makes life exciting.

shh said...

Loved the update...way to go Zach--you will love kindergarten! Jack, quit jumpin' on the bed! Maddie--what a beauty! Sounds like a typical week in the life of the Dingers.

Dana said...

you guys always have exciting things going on!
:)

Yanira said...

I'm sorry for your lousy week. I bet you are glad is over. I love your slide show.

Melanie said...

I don't know which was scarier -- the cancer story or the bus story (and the whole kindergarten thing is pretty scary too). I'm glad things turned out good all around.