Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Dan!!



Yesterday was Dan's 34th Birthday. We started the celebration the night before by going out to dinner with John and Jessica. Dan made me promise that there would be no singing at Goodwood, which was fine with me. I think we all had a good time. It was nice to be away from the kids for a few hours.

Sunday we woke up early for 8:00 church, so the party couldn't start until lunch! I think Dan enjoyed most of the day. We had him open his presents right after church. His main gift was a cordless play station controller. I think he was pleasantly surprised. Lunch consisted of pancakes, eggs and bacon. Dan didn't want a cake this year so we put candles in his pancakes and called it good, until I told the kids that we were going to make a birthday pie this year instead. . .they were devistated. . .so we ended up making cupcakes and pie this year to make them feel better.

I spent most of the afternoon in the kitchen making homemade spaghetti dinner (which is Dan's ultimate favorite dinner). The meatballs were just a little smaller than tennis balls. They were delicious, and of course I had to make my homemade rolls. We invited Ammon and his family over to help us celebrate. I think Dan was overall satisfied with his birthday. I was so exhausted that I went to bed early.

Dan, I love you! I just want you to know how grateful I am to have you in my life. You are the perfect dad and perfect husband. I love you now more than I did the day we go married!! Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

So cute! And just a little bit gross. Get that Jackson a wipey!

How did you ever convince your kids to get dressed before they ate breakfast? That has never happened in our house!

I love the birthday pie. That's what Burke asks for every year.

You guys are super cute!

SD and EJ said...

Happy Birthday Dan! Was the calling list right?

Katherine said...

Cute pics! Happy Birthday Dan! Hope you had a great day! Paige is amazing, so I am sure you did.
p.s. I love how you are doing Zach's hair - so cute.

jessica said...

Saturday night was fun...but any night out with out kids would have been right?

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Dan! You are a great wife, Paige! Such a hard worker. I hope you didn't go right to bed on Dan's birthday......
BTW, LOVE YOUR BACKGROUND!!! Good job!

shh said...

Thanks for the update. Way cute!
Paige, you are getting so darn creative on your blog. The slide shows are wonderful. Looks like Dan and the kids had a wonderful birthday!

MaryAnn said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Daniel
Happy Birhday to you
I forgot that he was an April baby. Good for him.

And he passed the bar too!!!