Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Some Good News

This has been a great week so far so I wanted to share it with our family and friends!

1. My sister passed the BAR!! Way to go Megan! I knew she would, but her pessimistic doubts started making me lose sleep over it. She is an official Kansas City attorney. We Hansen women can be very hard to live with when we are worried about something-- so thanks Garrett for being so supportive of her. We love you too!




2. I found my wedding band!! So in order to tell you the details I have to admit to breaking the sabbath (I did laundry on Sunday, but learned my lesson!). Three Sunday's ago (the week before conference) I was in the kitchen with the kids. Maddie scrunched her nose and said, "Mom, what is that really bad smell?" I opened the pantry door to find Jackson hiding in there with an empty two gallon bottle of vinegar. He had poured it all over the floor. I was so angry that I made the kids go outside so I could clean it up. It took four huge bath towels to dry up the pantry. I decided to put the wet stinky towels right in the washer so it wouldn't smell up the entire house (I should have waited until Monday, but I didn't). By the time I got everything clean and the wash going I noticed my ring was missing. I seared the pantry and the washer. I retraced my steps, and painstakingly searched through the grass outside (I was pushing the kids on the swings to keep them away from the pantry). Dan and I both searched every garbage can and sink drain. I was sick!!! For over two weeks I have been on my hands and knees looking for it. This past Monday I was doing laundry with Jackson. He was putting lint and hair bands in the dryer door when my eye caught something shiny . . . my wedding band!!! I kissed Jackson a million times thanking him, even though he had know idea what he had really found.



3. Dan is a great lawyer! Dan has been working on an arson case. Two juveniles were on trial for burning down a church. Dan did great and put them both in jail. (I hope I am telling this right!) The friend of the boys, told the school officer that the prosecutor (being Dan) was doing "way to good of a job." Now Dan's ego is inflated and he is walking around like some hot shot lawyer. I am so proud of him!! Ada County is now a safer place.



So as you can see we have had a busy, but good week so far. Way to go Meg!!! You rock!!

7 comments:

SD and EJ said...

If that's the worst thing you ever do on a Sunday, I think you're okay. Hooray for good lawyers!

Melanie said...

Dan's ego was inflated long ago... Nothing new there. :)

Chanell said...

I'm so glad that you found your ring!!! I'm so glad that Dan put the bad boys away. Now if he could just do something about those homes with the Christmas lights still up...

meg said said...

Thanks! I always love it when I feel like a superstar on someone else's blog! :) Sorry I stress everyone out wiht my pessimism. :)

Katherine said...

Seriously - doing laundry is the most spiritual thing I do on Sundays. You are a saint - Glad your having a good week!

Dana said...

I hate it when things like that are lost it makes my whole life function in chaos. Glad it is found. Way to go DAN and congrats to your sister!

Michelle said...

Scary that you thought you lost it for that long! So glad you found it. Good news is always great!