Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Busy

Most of you know that Maddie is getting baptised this Saturday. We have lots and lots of family coming in town to celebrate with us. Dan and I are always talking about renovations we want to make on this house, but now we have had a reason to do them!! Thank goodness all of our shows (except for "Lost") are over, so now we can't be lazy. Home Depot was our first stop. It has been pouring rain so my "fox gloves" look a little beaten up, but for the most part our yard is looking great!!
I finally found a hook for Maddie's room. I painted it myself. Maddie loves it and we can finally take down the tacky tape that was holding it up.
The kids have been great sports. Zach has had to sleep in the "Grandma room" this weekend so we could paint his wall.
As you can see, Zach's wall is very blue, but would you expect anything less from BYU fans?? Zach wanted the entire room blue, but with it being so dark, we convinced him that one wall was good for now.
Maddie finally got her bed frame. This picture isn't very good, but it sort of resembles a princess crown--totally fit for a diva! (My nickname for Maddie)
Our kitchen wall is my favorite! It looks amazing, and only caused a little fighting between Dan and I, which is a joke between the two of us. Painting brings out the worst in us. Dan did an awesome job!! And the marriage remains solid!!
Finally, a busy week at the Dinger house could not go perfect--it never does. After Dan had finished painting our beautiful red wall in the kitchen, he was at the sink washing out one of the paint brushes. I was up stairs, when I heard Dan yell, "Oh! Jackson, you have got to be kidding me!!!" I ran downstairs, only to find Jackson with the paint roller in hand, very proud of his paint job. I must be demented, because after the initial reaction of anger, I couldn't wait to post a picture of it on my blog!!!! I am sick!!!

This week has been very busy, but I know when I can show it off this weekend it will have been worth it! Maddie's baptism is this Saturday at 6:30 pm in the Stake Center. All are welcome to come and support her. I can't believe I am old enough to have a daughter getting baptised. Saturday will be a busy day because Zach has his first baseball game! He is so excited.

9 comments:

Katherine said...

Way to go guys! Your yard and house looks awesome. I hate painting so bad, and I need to paint Ally's and Isaac's room so bad. Isaac's room is still pink...poor kid. But I have started taking down the floral wallpaper, Babysteps right?
Congrats to Maddie, I wish I could be there to celebrate with you.

Anonymous said...

The painting job looks beautiful.

shellydinger said...

I love love the curbing in your backyard! Have fun this weekend, wish we could be there!

The Spaulding Zoo said...

I love that you have a blog! Your house and yard look amazing! Want to come help me with mine? ;) We too are excited for Mattie -- that's a big step! Congrats!

shh said...

Looks fantastic, can't wait to see it tomorrow. DAD

SD and EJ said...

I am so, so sad I can't come! Your house looks so nice and I promise EJ and I will come see it someday.

MaryAnn said...

Everything looks great. I wish you lived closer and we could all be there. Enjoy the weekend and I hope it is warm.

Matt said...

If you'll pay for gas, I'm sure Rin would come...

Kim said...

I'm leaving a late comment so you might not get it, but the projects look great and I love the wall. Good luck this weekend I am sure Maddie is so excited.