Thursday, May 15, 2008

Meet Jackers

After reading some of my past posts I have realized that Maddie dominates the blog. I have decided that even though the boys don't have as many events going on in their lives they need a few more blogs entries. Sooooooo, we'll start with Jack-Jack.

Last week Dan and I were having a very deep conversation with our 2 1/2 year old. Dan asked Jack-Jack what his name was. Jack got a funny look on his face and said "Jackers!" He thought he was very funny, but since then has decided that his name is Jackers and needs to be called that. If I forget to call him Jackers, he sometimes interupts me and yells, "it Jackers mom!"


This underwear shot was very funny. We have done a little potty training, but really he is more interested in wearing underwear around the house over his diaper. When "Jackers" isn't in his underwear he is either wearing dress-up clothes, or he is in a dirty shirt from the previous meal he has eaten. Infact, today I had just gotten him dressed and went to help Zach find socks. It was unusually quiet for a moment which made me nervous. I went downstairs to see if I could find Jackson. He was in the kitchen with two sippy cups and the bottle of Hershey's chocolate sauce. I ran over to intervene, knowing I was already too late. He was sitting in a chocolate sauce pool but was quite proud of himself. He could tell I was angry and said, "sorry mom, I was just makin' chocolate milk big kid cups for me and Zach." As angry as I was, I couldn't help but think what a kind thing he was trying to do. He had actually gone in the fridge by himself and pulled out the chocolate sauce, he is too smart for his own good.
Last Friday Maddie was singing a song. When she was finished Jackson said, "Here's your yellow ticket, you goin' to Hollywood dawg!" I think he gets a little too much American Idol at our house.

As crazy as Jack-Jack is, our family wouldn't be complete without him. He certainly makes me smile most of the time!


2 comments:

SD and EJ said...

That American Idol comment is seriously hilarious! What a funny kid.

Melanie said...

I can't stop laughing, dawg!