Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Birthday Bash

I think Maddie had a fantastic day. I woke her up for school this morning and I asked her what she thought of her birthday yesterday, her exact words were "it was amazing!!" I then asked her what her favorite part of her birthday was and she gave me a look and said, "don't be mad." I asked her why I would be mad and she said, "Mom, I love the bike that you and Dad gave me, but I really loved the Hannah Montana Barbie and Build-A-Bear from my grandma's."
Maddie had a busy day. Dan drove down to Maddie's school and brought her a Happy Meal from McDonald's. Dan said it was nice to have lunch together, and the Maddie felt very special.
After school, Maddie rushed through her homework so we could go to PoJo's (a lot like Chucky Cheese's) I refuse to eat at those places, but for $10.00 all of my kids got to ride on the Merry-Go-Round, and they got more token's then they new what to do with! Dan met us there after work and helped with the kids.
We came home and ate homemade chicken noodle soup (at Maddie's request) and had Hannah Montana cake. It doesn't look very good because Jackson put his hands in it a few hours earlier so I had to fix a lot of it and call it good. (a side note: we learned a few years ago that Walmart will sell you their cake toppers for less than five dollars to put on your own cakes, we use their toppers every time!)
Maddie could not fall asleep last night, she was so pumped from all of the festivities that day!! I think she had a special day. Thanks for all your calls and cards!

4 comments:

shh said...

Maddie...you are growing up too fast. What a beauty! We love you and are glad you had a great birthday! See you at your baptism!

MaryAnn said...

Happy happy birthday Maddie. And how exciting that you are going to be baptized and have the Holy Ghost with you. I love your birthday cake. Sydney says happy birthday and it is fun to be 8.

Kim said...

Looks like she had a fun day. That is so cute that she didn't want to hurt your feelings. Thanks for the Walmart tip I will have to keep that in mind for Ethan's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE !!!!

meg said said...

What a cute girl! I can't believe how long her hair is. Is she growing it out so that she can look like Hannah Montana? That's what I'm doing too!