Saturday, September 27, 2008

Enjoying Fall

This week marked the first week of fall. The weather has been beautiful and and the trees have just a touch of color. Before the summer heat completely disappears we wanted to take advantage of the Boise Foothills-a favorite family hiking spot. The kids did great, but after almost two miles Maddie was finished! She claimed that her feet could not walk another step because she had to save her energy for the Disney Store (she's been saving for a Jasmine doll that she has had her eye on). Dan gave her a piggy back ride about 1/4 of a mile to the car. . .she is such a DIVA! The boys did great too. Jack rode in the exercise stroller much of the way because he has a sprained ankle (he likes to jump off of furniture, no matter how high it is, and he hurt his ankle earlier this week jumping off of a card table).
We discovered a new city park about half a mile from our house. I was driving the kids to school on Friday and discovered a little city park. I promised the kids we would go after school. It turned out to be a pretty great park, bathrooms included!! I think is has been around just a few months, but Dan and I try to stay away from the "snooty neighborhood" across the street if at all possible so we didn't really know it was there. Dan and I even tried to find a way out of the park without having to go through the "snooty neighbored" with no luck. The park has swings, a ginormous sandbox, slides, basketball courts, and a covered picnic area. I think we will definitely go more often . . . even if we have to go through the "snooty neighborhood" to get there. I personally think the neighborhood is beautiful, but Dan has called it that for so long that the name just stuck!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute kids!!

Kim said...

So fun, we discovered that same park, who knew it was there, but the kids loved it and we will for sure be going there again.

Michelle said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love you and I love that you aren't afraid to say what you think! I missed you this weekend.
Oh and p.s. your kids are cute as usual!

Bell Blog said...

I love that park... Cute pictures. I can't get Avery off the swings when we go!