Monday, September 8, 2008

Recovering Nicely

For those of you who had dibs on any of my personal belongings after my untimely death will just have to wait, because I feel great! My first thought when I woke up in recovery was, "I'm alive, or heaven looks like a hospital." I was relieved! Friday was a long day, and I got home around 5:00 pm and went right to bed. I haven't really been in a lot of pain, but I sure am tired, and I walk a bit like a penguin, but overall I couldn't be happier about my recovery. My mom is here to nurse me back to health, so it has been fun to be able to hang out with her.

Here is a clip from one of my favorite episodes of "Scrubs" which reminded me a bit of my experience on Friday. (To be able to hear the video you will probably want to pause the music on my music player.)







Today was Jackson's first day of preschool. He was so excited yesterday, but Dan and I could tell he was a little nervous. He woke up this morning, and was a little crazy. He had lots of questions about preschool. He acted really excited until we pulled up to his preschool. His eyebrows wrinkled together and is bottom lip puffed out and he went white as a ghost. He did not want to get out of the car. I helped him walk inside his preschool and that is when he got pretty teary. He whimpered to me to please stay. I reluctantly left and came back a few hours later. He appeared to be doing great until he saw me. He got the same look as before and ran to me and hugged me as tight as he could with big crocodile tears. By the time we got home he admitted that he had a great day at preschool, but the he was scared. He loved recess and playing with play dough. The teachers there still remembered Zachary which helped Jackson feel a little more comfortable. I think it will be an easier day tomorrow for him. I can't believe my baby is in school!!


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute Jackson! Yay, I am so glad you are doing good! I have been meaning to call you but I have been busy. I will try and call tomorrow!

jessica said...

I'm glad to hear that you're up and about. How nice to have your mom here for so long to take care of you! So, how does it feel to now have child free time every day???

Anonymous said...

Jackson does seem awfully little to be going off to preschool. And I feel the same way you do when I've had surgery--very thankful to wake up and still be there.

SD and EJ said...

Paige, I'm glad everything went well and I love the clip from "Scrubs." Little Jackson is so super cute!

CAINS said...

Oh my gosh Paige! I need your help on this blogging business! Your family is growing up so dang fast! Your kids are darling! I wish you lived closer! I love your family pic! Gorgeous!