Wednesday, September 3, 2008

High As An Elephant's Eye

Our little neighborhood street is right next to a farmer's corn field. Jackson's has been fascinated by the corn getting higher and higher each week. He was the first one to notice the plows in the corn field today. It's harvest time in Idaho, and Jack can't get enough. He has even befriended the farmer who waves at him every time he comes around in his tractor. Jackson and I have been outside, about every hour, to watch the corn being thrown up into one of the hauling trucks. It is amazing how fast they can clear an area. Jackson waves to the workers every time they get close enough in their tractors. We have a great view of the whole field from the second story of our house, so Jackson stands on the kid's beds and watches when I can't go out with him.

This week we are preparing for my surgery. It will be an outpatient surgery and shouldn't be too complicated, but I am still pretty nervous. Thank goodness my mom is coming to stay with me for a week. She can help me get my kids off to school and take care of me while I recover. I seemed to recover pretty quickly from my C-section with Jackson, so I hope the same can be said this time. I have made a few frozen dinners in case it takes me longer to recover, and I keep thinking I should write a will. Ha! Ha! . . .I hope!

Jackson and I are still potty training. It is taking a lot longer than I thought. He still hasn't been able to sit long enough to concentrate on pooping. Every time he does poop in his underwear or pull-up he says, "I guess no Build-A-Bear today."

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Paige, don't write a will!!! You are going to be just fine!

I read the part about how you made a few frozen dinners, but I read it too quickly and I thought you had made "a few dozen dinners." Then I thought to myself, "Wow! Paige really is super-mom!"

jessica said...

I HATE potty training! Good luck with that. I called and left you a message yesterday, but apparently you don't want our help. :) Just kidding! Seriously, call me and let me know when you go into surgery and let us do something for you.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry. Steve says it's a very common and easy surgery. The fact that it's out-patient tells you that. You'll do fine!!!!

Kim said...

I hope your surgery will go well, it does help alot when mom's come to help. Let me know if you need anything, I am totally feeling for you, I bet you'll be surprised how fast the recovery is compared to a c-section (or at least I hope for your sake). We'll be thinking of you.

MaryAnn said...

Paige, you know everything will be alright because you have Florence Nightingale herself coming to help. Relax and enjoy. It looks like Jackson has a little of that farmer Woodhouse blood. Good for him. Makes me homesick for Idaho during the harvest months.

Michelle said...

We didn't even notice the corn was gone until the next day and it is just out our back window!
We stopped by last night to see how you were and Dan said you were out of it, hope you get better soon, otherwise I will miss you!!!

Andrea said...

My kids loved watching the corn go down also, so cute that he would wave to the tractor man. Glad the surgery went well, hope you are taking in easy. Talk to you soon.