Monday, September 22, 2008

Top 5 Memorable moments

We had a full weekend, so I thought I would share our most memorable and funny moments over the past few days.

5. BYU won again!! Yeah!!! I will admit, that I did not listen to much of the game, but I kept tabs on the score as I could hear my husband cheering on his coug's! I tried to look cool and said to Dan, "BYU has a great defensive line this year, don't you think?" Dan looked at me in total shock and said, "Do you even know what the defensive line means?" Without swallowing my pride I replied, "of course, what do you think I am an idiot?" I wasn't prepared for the next question which was, "what is it then?" As best as I could I tried to explain my version of the defensive line: guys that play defense, probably known as linebackers, guard the opposite team so they can't score. Dan just laughed at me and then tried to explain what it really meant. All I really heard was, "blah, blah, blah, and blah."


4. Maddie got to go to a fun birthday party this weekend. It was a pony party. I thought it was a brilliant idea for a party. The family rented two ponies for one hour. Maddie took four or five rides up and down the street and had a blast. They asked all of the girls to come dressed as a cow girl.


3. "Why am I always your servant?" This is Zach's new favorite saying when he thinks we are asking him to do too many chores. When he says it to me I remind him of all of the things I do for him.





2. As of last Tuesday, Jackson is now an official preschool student. It took him a few days to get comfortable, but as of late he has become the class bully and is in time-out a lot! Dan and I are super embarrassed and don't know how to get him to stop pushing the kids around. He thinks it is funny when he gets in trouble at school. Today (Monday) was Jackson's first day to ride a real bus. He was super scared to get on it, but once he relaxed I think he thought it was pretty fun.



1. The weather has finally turned to fall. . I woke up to pouring rain Saturday morning. I walked out of my room to find all three of my kids dressed in waterproof coats and shoes to play outside. The street in front of our house looked like a big river. The kids played for over an hour, jumping in the biggest puddle they have ever seen. They probably woke up the entire neighborhood with their noise, but they had so much fun! The weather has been absolutely beautiful these past few days. I love this time of year...if only we could skip winter all together!

5 comments:

shh said...

We were waiting for you to tell the story of why Jackson lost his ice cream privileges. Loved hearing about the pony party and loved Zach's new favorite saying.

Michelle said...

You forgot to share the best event of the weekend.....
::wink, wink::

Chanell said...

Ya- I'm with you on the skipping winter thing. If you want, I could teach you some football stuff that would knock Dan's socks off. I dated a few guys that taught me all about football. They're favorite was "showing" me how to "tackle." Silly boys.

Bears said...

I love the picture of Maddie in her pink coat in the rain. She is so cute. I also love this time of year, thus my daughter's name.
Cute blog-Kam

Anonymous said...

Did Maddie get a perm? She looks cute.