Thursday, October 2, 2008

Jury Duty, No School, and Movie Night

Today has been a crazy day!!! I have been on jury duty all week. Dan and I thought I had a pretty high number of 377, but by Tuesday night they were already in the high 200's. Most of you would probably be glad to serve on a jury; I however, know that it will be a wasted day when they realize my husband is a prosecutor for Ada county and kick me off every jury panel. It is hardly worth my time when I know I am going to be sent home. Plus, my kids had a short week of school so it was just my luck to have my number come up on the first day of their vacation. Luckily I was a "standby" juror and had to call in this morning to see if they still needed me. After waiting around until 10:00 a.m. at home by the phone, I finally received the call that my case had settled and I was no longer needed for the rest of the week. Hooray! I just happened to get a lucky number because only numbers in the 300's were on standby, the rest had to show up. Last I checked, they were calling numbers in the 600's this morning. For once luck was on my side. So, the kids and I went to lunch and then went to the mall and had a very fun but tiring day.



Tonight, some friends of ours (thanks Petersons) invited us to an outside movie night. It was so much fun. When it got dark, we sat around and watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks." My kids had a blast! Maddie and Zach thought it was the funnest thing we have done in a long time. They have been waiting for almost and entire year to actually see this movie. Jackson went home early to get to bed, but the other two stayed up until the end. So many families came. It was so nice to socialize, and the weather actually cooperated! Thanks Kami and Dave! That was a great idea!

4 comments:

Kim said...

The movie sounds so fun, we were invited, but alas we are out of town, so it wasn't going to happen. It totally was a great idea. Good luck with the Jury Duty.

jessica said...

Jury duty sounds miserable. Glad you lucked out! How fun to have a movie outside, something about watching a movie outside just makes it more fun!

Andrea said...

I do think jury duty would be fun, but you should just be able to tell them they will end up dismissing you, oh well, a great experience right? Glad you made it to the movie night, it was lots of fun.

Michelle said...

That was a fun night! Although I would of enjoyed chatting with you a bit more. Oh well, we would of got some dirty looks!