Thursday, October 16, 2008

What Would We Do Without Jack?

Most of you know how obsessed our family is about BYU (mostly Dan!). Zach goes around the house chanting B-Y-U-U-U. Well, to make a long story sort of short, Jackson likes to "get under our skin" and tease as much as possible. Much to Dan's chagrin, he is now chanting "B-S-U-U-U!" A few days ago we were getting ready to go for a family walk. Jackson points to the BYU flag we have hanging up outside and says, "Mom, we need a BSU flag too." Dan hears my conversation and tells Jackson, "Jackson, BSU is naughty; we won't be putting up a BSU flag." (Leave it to Dan to brainwash our children!) Jackson screams "BSU is not naughty dad, I want a BSU flag!" Dan and Jackson argue back and forth for a few moments until Jackson starts bawling. (I found it rather humorous that my husband and my three year old were fighting over something so silly! What was even funnier, was that both of them were getting pretty angry with one another!)Needless to say, Jackson now chants "B-S-U" every time Dan mentions BYU, and Zachary runs to Dan's rescue and shouts "B-Y-U" to over power Jackson, so Maddie comes to Jackson's rescue, and my house just gets super noisy!!!
In other news-- Jackson has to have his tonsils out in three weeks. He has had a constant cold for over nine months and his tonsils looks pretty bad, so it is scheduled for November 11th. I will be happy that he will be feeling better, but I hear the recovery is not very fun.
Jackson was very proud of his Pop-Tart/Smartee concoction so I had to put it on my blog. He actually ate it!! He is crazy, but we love him.


Maddie and Zach are doing great. They love school, and are really excited for Halloween. Maddie quit cheer leading this past month because she wanted to try new things. She wants to start piano lessons, so we are hoping to get her started after Christmas. I guess that is all, it seems like I haven't written a post in quite some time.

8 comments:

Kim said...

I am sure Jackson will do fine with the surgery. I had my tonsils out when I was little and the only think I remember is that I got to eat ALOT of popcicles afterwards, so just make sure that he knows he will get lots of yummy treats after.

Michelle said...

Yay, you posted! Jackson cracks me up! Maddie is so sweet, I love seeing her at Mutual.

SD and EJ said...

That is hilarious! Dan so deserves a kid like that. And once again, Maddie is seriously beautiful!! I can't wait to see you guys in a month!

Yanira said...

Jackson cracks me up he is too funny!

Matt said...

My girls like to PRETEND they like BYU when I chant Utah.

I will let them decide on their own...no brain-washing in my house.

I'd better get back to ebay to buy some Ute gear for my kids.

Matt said...

Oh yeah...Go Horned Frogs!!

The Petersons said...

I love the BSU/BYU banter. I won't even mention last night's game. I had my tonsils out too and I honestly never get soar throats. You'll just have to have a Popsicle party!!

Cute pics!!
kam

Michelle said...

Mark just informed me that I better not poison our kids with BSU talk. @@ It's even better that I graduated from the U, makes Mark so mad! I just had to comment on Matt's comment about not brainwashing his kids! Too funny! I barely know the guy and the one time I was at his house he was in the midst of brainwashing!