Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oh No He Di'nt

Say the title of this blog in your best feisty Jerry Springer voice for it to make sense!! Last night crazy Jackson was up to his old stunts yet again. At dusk (it is important that you remember this!), Zachary came inside without his glasses on. Dan asked him where his glasses were and Zach replied that Jackson had been playing with them and threw them over the fence (Why Zach was letting his three year old destructive brother play with them remains a mystery!). Dan nor I believed that a three year old could actually get glasses over the fence, so we immediately started searching the back yard. On hands and knees we had every child skirting the lawn. Next we moved on to plants, bushes, trees, the grill, and so on. It was getting darker and darker, and very hard to see. After I took a few deep breaths I went over to Jackson and asked him where the glasses had been thrown. In his proudest of voices he said, "Mom, I threw Zach's glasses over the fence." A few minutes later Dan was trudging through the empty field behind our house; meanwhile I had been in the house grabbing lamps and extension cords. Dan and I were preparing for a long night of searching. As Dan searched, I began illuminating the backyard as best I could with lamps, which really helped because within 5 minutes Dan found the glasses. . .and yes, the boys were grounded.

Seriously, I can't be the only one with a crazy child!! I would love to hear your crazy kid stories!!

5 comments:

jessica said...

Remind me to tell you about Owen and the paint and cleaning the carpets twice in two days. BTW...do you have flashlights??? :)

Kim said...

Paige you have to many funny stories lately. I am totally cracking up here. I'm glad you found them, and it doesn't sound like they broke (thank goodness) so that's good. I think we all have what were you thinking stories aobut our kids. Glad you found the glasses.

Michelle said...

I can't think right now but I am sure I have some. There are days I really wonder what ever possessed me to have children! Glad you found Zach's glasses.

MaryAnn said...

Page, Your Jackson reminds me of my Ben. Always thinking one step ahead of the Mom and never a dull moment. enjoy it and love him.

Andrea said...

What a silly little guy....he is a cutie though. Glad you found the glasses, maybe Jack has a future in sports with that arm :)