Monday, July 28, 2008

We're Ba-ack!!

I am soooooo tired that it has taken me a few days to even have enough energy to write a post; I think when I am finished writing this one I may just go lay down again. Girl's camp was exhausting but so much fun. I got very little sleep, and missed my bed the entire time, but the girls were so helpful, the food was delicious, and it was nice to hang out lots of women and make more friends. The water slide at the camp site was so much fun, and cooled us off every day. Camping isn't so bad when you have flushable toilets, hot water in the shower, and a kitchen complete with oven, grills, and refrigerators. We were totally spoiled. (If you want to see something really funny that happened at girls camp click here and look at the "Paige" post)
The kids had a blast in Utah. Maddie didn't want to come home. They loved riding TRAX to Salt Lake City. Apparently Maddie made a bit of a scene when they were in the Church History Museum and saw a life size statue of President Hinckley. She started crying hysterically "I don't like President Monson, I want President Hinckley to still be our prophet!!" Poor Dan, had to calm her down and get her out of there as quickly as possible.
Of course a trip to Utah must consist of at least one visit to BYU. Zach was fascinated with the Science stuff. He is really into outer space lately. The kids loved spending the BYU trip with their Grandma Dinger, and had so much fun. Their lunch (of course) was at the Cougar Eat where they ate lunch with their Uncle Goob. The trip wouldn't have been complete without an ice cream at the creamery. They would have come home with a new BYU shirt, but I wanted Dan to wait until November when I could help pick them out.
Dan took the kids to my parents house Thursday for Pioneer Day. There was some fun carnival type thing behind my old middle school. The kids loved the bounce houses and seeing the police officers. They stayed late to watch the fireworks. Zach thought it was "outrageous!!"
Dan and the kids had so much fun. They loved seeing cousins, and thought the trip went by too fast. Dan says that it was so crazy to see his little sister "great with child." I wish I could see Steph with a huge tummy! Thank you to all who took care of my family while I was gone. I heard the food was great, and the kids have shared many stories of the fun they had with their Grandma's and Grandpa's.


8 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Paige, I had so much fun with your kids and I even thought little Jackers was the sweetest thing in the world! I'm excited to see them again in August. And I'm glad you had fun at Girl's Camp. I loved going to Girl's Camp.

Kim said...

Glad the kids had fun. Camp was so fun you guys did awesome with the food. It felt so nice to come home and I am totally with you on sleeping in your own bed.

Michelle said...

I had so much fun being your roomie for the week and your bathroom buddy! Thanks for the awesome friendship! I am dying without your good cooking this week. Looks like your kids had a blast and I still tear up when I think of you talking about your children's gifts, sooooo sweet.

Ryan and Angela said...

I love that tent picture at the beginning. And your kids look so cute on the train. I sure hope you never find a way to get even. but I deserve it.

jessica said...

Ahhh, girls camp! Glad you all had a fun week!

Anonymous said...

Can you even move after the funky chicken routine? (and Steph's comment about Jackers--I don't know if he bonded with her, but she really bonded with him!)

Melanie said...

I checked out your friend's blog... You are one amazing dancer!

Whitney & Charlie said...

I had no idea you were such a funky chicken dancer! You'll have to do that at the next Family Reunion!