Monday, June 9, 2008

Golf, Baseball, and the Symphony

We had such a fun and busy weekend. After having many cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles over last weekend we decided we needed time with our own family this weekend. We had a family night at Boondocks on Friday (thanks to my brother's family for the Christmas gift card to Boondock's). We went miniature golfing and had a blast. At first the kids had no idea how to even hit a golf ball or which end of the club to use, but by the 7th or 8th hole they were really getting the hang of things. Jackson just ran around, but was amused by the fun set-up of the golf course.
We treated the kids to cotton candy afterward. I must admit, even the kid in me comes out when I eat cotton candy. . .it is delicious!!
Jackson didn't cause too much damage and we left in one piece so overall I would say it was a pretty fun evening.
Zach is now official with his name even printed on the back of his baseball shirt. He had a great game on Saturday and even hit a ball that the coach pitched to him. He really likes all the attention.Finally, Zach did the "Symphony Challenge" in primary. Basically the "Symphony Challenge" is this, a child picks a song from the primary song book and practices it until they think they can perform it memorized in front of the entire primary. Zach has had a hard time making up his mind, but finally decided on "I am a Child of God" . . .yes, yes, he wanted to challenge himself with such a hard song. Anyway, we thought he was going to sing it next week, but when they asked if anyone was ready he raised his hand. The Primary President came looking for us so we could watch. Dan and I were a bit surprised that he was doing it this week, but he did an amazing job! He belted it out loud and clear. He was so proud of himself. The prize at the end is a king size Symphony Bar. Maddie is doing a more difficult song next Sunday, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." Zach has been kind enough to share his chocolate with the family, but has stood just a little bit taller all day. What a brave kid he is.

6 comments:

meg said said...

What a fun weekend! Tell Zach I said "way to go!" It looks like you guys have a very fun summer ahead of you. (Well, except you Paige, since you have to plan everything and take care of 3 kids :)See you later!

SD and EJ said...

So cute! I would never have been brave enough to do that in primary.

Katherine said...

What a great weekend. Guess what? I forgot to send you $. I will mail it today I promise. Sorry! Love ya,
McPhee

Kim said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. I was just telling Jeff that we needed to go check out Boondocks with the kids. Madie and Ethan both did the challenge too, I know it was only because they wanted chocolate. That's great he decided to do it.

Michelle said...

I love cotton candy SOOOOO much! Looks like a great weekend, yay for Zack!

shh said...

Way to go Zach...we are so proud of you. You keep singing! Love...Grandpa and Grandma.