Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Curley Hair + A Flirty Two Year Old = Free Doughnuts

I promised the kids a few days ago that I would take them to Krispy Kreme's for breakfast this week. We only have Tuesdays and Thursdays free because Maddie and Zach have summer camp Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We had a lot of things to do before we could go, and by the time we got there they were done giving out their free hot doughnuts. The kids were a little disappointed that there were no doughnuts on the assembly line, but they quickly got over it when they got to pick their doughnuts at the counter. I am not a huge doughnut fan, but even I can't resist a plain glazed one every now and then. Each child ate their fill, when we realized they were cooking some doughnuts again. We cleaned up and watched as they began to make fresh doughnut holes. Jackson started flirting with one of the older workers in charge of putting the doughnut holes in the cup. After a few minutes, Jack had three our four women making silly faces at him through the window. It got Jack laughing and flirting back again. Before I knew it, one of the girls came over with a cup of doughnut holes and said that my kids had the most gorgeous curly hair, and that my two year old was the cutest kid she'd ever seen. Obviously she's never seen Jackson on one of his bad days . . .anyhoo, she gave my kids the cup of doughnut holes. I should really start taking advantage of this curly hair my kids have. Jack gets complete strangers putting their finger through his hair. It was a fun morning. If you ever need to rent Jackson for free doughnuts I'll make it cheap!!

7 comments:

Katherine said...

So Fun! I love Krispy Kreme too! You are such a fun mom!

jessica said...

Wow! Nothin' better than free doughnuts!

shellydinger said...

I didn't know they made dougnut holes? Sounds delicious.

Chanell said...

Watch out for Jack- flirting at two means heart breaker later on. Thanks so much for dinner- it was soooooo good! You are my hero- someday I'll be amazing like you!

Matt said...

Jackson is awesome. I tried this and they just called the cops.

Kim said...

Well if all it takes is curly hair I am going to head on over :) You are lucky that your kids have curly hair, Mine have when they were babies (and Madie did until her hair got long) it makes me sad. What lovely locks and fresh doughnuts yummy.

shh said...

Always a full update on your kids to read. I agree...you are a fun Mom with beautiful kids. Love ya!