Thursday, January 29, 2009

Piano, redecorating, Calories and cuteness

Maddie started piano lessons yesterday!! She was so excited. I am having a girl in our ward teach Maddie. Shayla has come to babysit several times and is very sweet to my kids. Maddie absolutely loves her, so when I told her that she would be teaching Maddie piano lessons my girl was ecstatic. I hope she is remains excited when she realizes that she will have to practice every day. We have been talking about piano for months now. Maddie seems eager!
I don't have a picture yet, but Dan and I have started redecorating our room. We got a new bed spread (an earthy green color maybe sage) and found some gorgeous micro fiber light brown chairs. We have always wanted a sitting area where we could relax, unwind, kick our feet up and watch TV. We have also found some nice pictures, and a gorgeous ottoman to match. We rearranged the furniture too. It is absolutely beautiful. I still have a lot of finishing touches. Our room feels a little plain, so I need to find some pillows or something to help, but it looks great. I still wake up thinking I am in some grand hotel room. Once I get my room looking perfect I will post some pics on the blog. Dan and I were amazed at how cheap it all came together. Everything we bought was on clearance, even the chairs!! I love it.
At dinner a few nights ago Maddie declared that Dan and I are always talking about calories. I guess we didn't realize that we talked about it so much. As many of you know, Dan and I are on a diet. My family it doing a "biggest loser" competition, and the winner gets $80.00. Dan and I are very competitive, but also very supportive of one another. I know I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but one of my new years resolutions is to be healthier. I am proud to say that Dan has lost over 15 lbs and I have lost 12 lbs. We are feeling great!! The competition lasts until the end of March, by spring time Dan and I will look like cover models. By the end of our twelve week diet I hope we have established some really good eating habits!! It is nice to have Dan so fired up about this, it makes dieting easier knowing that I am not the only one going to bed hungry.
Finally I just had to post a picture of my totally adorable three year old. I found that cute coat at Target, with a matching hat and some adorable Lightening McQueen gloves that go really well too. Everything was 75% off. I felt like a girl in a candy store!! He loves it too. In fact he wore his coat most of the day and didn't want it off. I finally peeled it off of him, only to find him dripping wet with sweat.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on the new bedroom, I can't wait to see some pictures, sounds very nice. And congrats on the weightloss, I have to admit I am jealous and lazy and need to get doing something myself. Don't you just love finding a good deal.

SD and EJ said...

I'm glad Maddie is taking piano lessons. That is so cool! And that is so fun you are redecorating. I am so, so, so excited to have a house someday and decorate everything. It wasn't until I got married that I realized how much I love to decorate. And I love sales at Target! I got Ash some snow pants for next winter for like $8.00.

Michelle said...

Jackson looks adorable!! Rex so needs a coat for next year, I really should buy them both one this year on clearance. I want to see your room!

shellydinger said...

I really hope that you have before pictures of your room. It sounds beautiful!

Andrea said...

Bailey is loving piano too, I think Shayla does a great job. The Dinger's are looking awfully fabulous...good work I hope you win the money. I want to see your room it sounds great.

MaryAnn said...

Paige, please tell me how you could have lost 12 pounds. You were so thin at Christmas. Don't get too obsessed with losing weight. Who is in the contest, just you and Dan?

Melanie said...

That's so funny about Maddie's calories comment. When I started on weight watchers, Quinn picked up on the lingo right away. Even now, she loves to ask how many points a food has, and if it's a low number she'll tell everyone how healthy it is. I guess this is proof that you should always watch what you say around your kids!