Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Feeling Patriotic

Most of you know I swing a little left when it comes to my political views (much to Dan's dismay), and I can't help but feel a little patriotic on this day as I watch the Obama inauguration. I worry that Americans' expectations are a little high for one man to undertake, but I am excited for a fresh start. I'm a history teacher at heart, my favorite part of American history would have to be the Civil Rights Movement. I may be too young to have experienced it first hand, but I am proud to think how far America has come. I am sure Dr. King is smiling today.

4 comments:

Yanira said...

Growing in up in Brooklyn I never thought I would see this. It really is a great day for all of us. We are lucky to experience it.

Chanell said...

I LOVED watching all of it. I agree that people have some seriously high expectations for him, but it was awesome to watch such a historic moment- we should start a history teacher (at heart) club. What do you think?

Matt said...

But what about how he'll be as a President...?? How do you think he'll do?

Dinger said...

Matt, that's the big question!!I have high expectations, but in the next four years if he doesn't prove himself as a president, I have no problem voting him out.