Saturday, December 27, 2008

Just Say No


Maddie had to get some blood drawn yesterday at St. Lukes Medical Center. The phlebotomist had just opened the alcohol envelope to wipe Maddie's arm clean when Maddie shot out of the chair and said "What is that?" The women explained that she needed to rub the alcohol on her arm to get it clean before she put the needle in. Maddie then said "I don't do drugs, my church says it is not allowed." The phlebotomist explained that this was rubbing alcohol not drinking alcohol and that it would be okay to use. I stepped in and told Maddie that it was okay to use rubbing alcohol, and that I was proud of her of standing up for something that was very important. Maddie was still very worried and asked if she would have to go to the bishop for breaking a commandment. I explained again as best as I could that it would be okay. She reluctantly sat back down and let the phlebotomist go about her business, but I could hear several others in the hallway laughing and talking about how cute Maddie had been. I guess I don't have to worry about Maddie doing drugs or becoming a drunk!! You go girl!!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute! I love Maddie. Thanks for coming today it was so fun!

Ryan and Angela said...

That is so cute. It is nice to know how strong kids are for what they believe. What a precious girl.

SD and EJ said...

That is so funny and cute! I love that girl!

meg said said...

Hey! So I just wanted to tell you how cool you are for making that sweet letsgetskinny site! It's totally awesome and I love the music you chose to help motivate us. . . and the calculator and the BMI calculator. Very cool. I'm excited to report on it every week!!

Bell Blog said...

I love that... How cute is she? At least you know she is learning something at church! :)