Monday, December 1, 2008

Top 10 Most Memorable Thanksgiving Moments

10. Thanksgiving dinner--amazing as always. I think we should eat the pies the day before because there is never enough room to thoroughly enjoy the pie at the end of such a great meal!

9. Swimming with Grandpa--a tradition the kids look forward too every time they come.

8. Baby Ashlyn--The blessing was beautiful. Ash is such an adorable baby. Good job Steph and Eric, she was dressed so adorable every day. We never got to babysit. . .maybe next time.

7. Date night with the Dunn's--Dan and I went to Centerville and met Marinda and Matt for dinner. What a fun night!! I hated to say goodbye. Friends like the Dunn's only happen once in a life-time!!

6. Dinger Desset Night/Competition--a tradition two years in the making, or is it three? Yanira's cheesecake won, but Dan said they were all really good. Even our nine year old nephew, Brandon, submitted a chocolate cake that took third place!!! Dan and I were too lazy to make a dessert this year--actually we just didn't want to steal the glory from everyone else. I missed out because I went on a birthday shopping spree with my parents--it was so much fun!!

5. Decorating Grandma's Christmas Tree--Grandma Dinger was nice enough to let her grand kids decorate the tree this year. She even had ornaments for them to decorate and put on their own tree. My kids loved it. The tree looked great!

4. Ikea--I will never get tired of that store. Dan's brother had never been so it was like watching a kid in a candy store. . .very funny! I never made it to Tai Pan, but after Ikea I was too poor to even go.

3. The Christmas House--my parents took the kids to this house whose Christmas lights are synchronized to a radio station that plays Christmas music. Cars were lined up around the block to see this house. My kids were mesmerized. It was pretty amazing, Dan and I drove by it on the way home from our date. The kids also went to Thanksgiving Point and said that it was beautiful too. My parents took the kids out while Dan and I were on a date. It sounds like they had a fun evening out!

2. Jackson's Ear Infection--11:00 Friday night Jackson woke up crying. We were grumpy parents having to be up all night until we noticed puss coming out of Jackson's ear. After a priesthood blessing at 2:00 in the morning he slept all night. We took him to an insta care in the morning and found out it was a double ear infection!! Poor kid, he felt much better once the ear drum had burst.

1. Build-A-Bear--Zach got his long awaited BYU Build-A-Bear dog Grandma and Granpa gave him for his birthday and Jackson got a black bear for being potty trained. Maddie even got a winter hat to keep her bear warm in the winter. They had so much fun. We were there for an hour and a half!! It is amazing after all is said-and-done that a dressed stuffed animal can cost anywhere from $25.00-$40.00!! They all turned out so cute!
As you can tell we had a really busy and fun Thanksgiving week! Now it is time to decorate my house and put up my tree. Time flies!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like fun! I am so glad you got to see Marinda, I wish we could have joined you! Those were the good old days when all three of us were in the Presidency together...
It seems like one kid always gets sick on vacation, poor Jackson.

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Sorry about the ear infection, those things are no fun, but worse when you're not at home. The kids animals turned out so cute, I am loving the glasses. I went to Tai Pan, but was sad I missed Ikea, hope you got some good stuff.

shh said...

It was a great weekend, Dingers?
We loved every minute of it, especially our night out with the grandkids. The Build-A-Bears all look darling lined up. That was such a fun day. Enjoyed your top ten!

MaryAnn said...

I didn't even make the top 10.