Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pop Medicine


Jackson had his tonsils out yesterday, and today he is really hurting. The doctor told me that the biggest issue these next few days would be dehydration. For the past few days I have tried everything I can think of to get him to drink, but he gags or vomits or both! He also complains that it hurts to swallow. I don't blame him at all, but I also don't want him to get dehydrated and feel worse then he already does. Finally I got a medicine dropper and filled it with Sprite. It worked!! Jackson has had at least 8 ounces of "Pop Medicine" since I tried my little trick an hour ago, and now he is sound asleep. It was music to my ears as he kept asking for more and more "pop medicine." I hope with a little sleep, a little liquid, and a little sugar in him he will wake up feeling a little better. It has been a difficult 24 hours for him. When he's awake he is whimpering and when he's asleep he moans, and snores. Poor little guy!


The surgery was a success though. The doctor told me after his surgery that it was a good thing we took his tonsils when we did, because they were full of puss, and had horrible soars all over them. I hope once he heals he can enjoy the winter with a few less colds! We love you buddy!!

7 comments:

SD and EJ said...

It makes me so sad when little kids have to have surgery, even when it's a simple one. Poor kid! I hope he starts feeling better. Sprite was always my favorite thing when I was sick.

Kim said...

I hope he starts feeling better soon, I feel so bad for the kid. I hope the Sprite continues to work and that he is able to keep more liquids down. Let me know if you need anything.

shellydinger said...

What a sad picture! I hope that it only gets better from here on out. Are popsicles allowed?

jessica said...

Glad the surgery is over. Hopefully he will be up and going soon and begging for icecream. I heard popsicles were good for this too.

Michelle said...

Poor Jackers! He looked so sad when I saw him today. I hope he gets better really soon. Good thing about kids is they tend to heal quickly. Call me if you need anything.

shh said...

Jack-Jack...your picture makes me feel sad. I hope that you are feeling better soon. I heard that you got to see Mickey Mouse last Saturday. FUN! I love you.

Anonymous said...

I had my tonsils out when I was 40!! and let me tell you, it hurts like heck!!Then I got pneumonia a week and a half later because I got out and tried to do too much too soon, so pamper him and don't let him do too much--although I'm sure little kids bounce back a lot faster than 40 year old ladies do.