Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oh, The Places You'll Go

Yesterday was our Young Women in Excellence program. It was a beautiful night!! Out theme was "Oh, The Places You'll Go!!" inspired by the Dr. Seuss book with the same title. I actually borrowed the idea and the script from my mom's stake back home. I was amazed at how beautifully the scriptures that were used went so well with the actual story. I was in charge of much of the decorating and the little gift to give to the girls. The magnets shown above are what we gave to each girl at the end of the night. I thought they turned out so cute, they were surprisingly easy too make!!I made hot air balloon replica's out of helium filled balloons. This picture doesn't do it justice. They covered all of the tables and across the stage. It looked so colorful!
Here are the Seuss cupcakes Michelle made for dessert. They took her five hours but were well worth it! They were a hit!! The tops are actually marshmallows painted with red food dye and tooth picked to each other.
We read the story and had scriptures to go along with almost every page and presented it on a Power Point program. The girls seemed to really like it. I could not have been happier with the results. It was a wonderful evening. Now on to the next big activity for Young Women's--The game of Life, in life size!!!!! AAAAAhhhhh, it never ends!

8 comments:

Kim said...

It was a fun night and the magnets looked great. Everyone did such a good job.

Michelle said...

I like the bodice shot of me! I am glad it is over but so happy it turned out well. Adorable magnets!

The Petersons said...

You guys did a great job, the young women are lucky they have such great leaders. Cute magnets! Kam

Amy said...

I can't believe someone would spend five hours to make cupcakes! What dedication! What insanity! How lucky you are to have people to work with like that!

Jami said...

What a cute idea, Paige! I love it!

SD and EJ said...

That is so cute! I'm sorry you got released. I'm sure they'll miss you tons!

Unknown said...

Hi, I know it has been a while since you did this activity. I LOVE the idea. If you happen to still have the power point for this activity and would like to share it, I would love to use it in my ward. Thank you so much

Germania

Britni said...

I would love to get a copy of the script/materials that you used for your program. We are doing this same theme for one of our activities and I love this idea. britni dot vigil at gmail dot com.