Monday, November 10, 2008

A Big Surprise!

Two months ago I was listening to the radio when I heard that "Disney on Ice" was coming to town November 7-9. The moment I heard it I knew we had to go (it's cheaper than Disneyland-- right??). I had Dan buy the tickets that day, but for two long months we have kept it a secret from the kids. Finally the night of the performance arrived. Dan and I had been secretly planning this night forever and the anticipation was almost killing me. Without giving them any hints during the day we simply told the kids to get in the car. The entire car ride they kept asking us where we were going. All we told them was that "mom and dad had a fun night planned and that it was a surprise." When we pulled up to the Taco Bell Arena Zach got really nervous and said, "if this is a BSU thing I am not going!!" Dan assured him that it had nothing to do with BSU, but Zach was not convinced. As we entered the front doors to the arena there were Disney things every where. Zach was the first to figure out what was going on since he had seen a few commercials for it. Maddie saw princess toys every where, so knew it had to be good; Jackson didn't figure it out until the lights went out and the spotlight went right to Mickey Mouse. His jaw dropped, and his mouth didn't close most of the night! He was mesmerized, as were the other two. We had a blast. It was a fantastic show and kept my kids entertained the entire time.

In other news, my Zach lost his first tooth. He was soooooo proud. It had been loose for a few days, and he was sick of it hurting while he ate, so during dinner he said, "Mom, just pull it out right now!" He laid on the couch, I got my trusty piece of toilet paper and with one yank it was out. Zach didn't even cry. I don't know what he was more excited about, Disney on Ice, or the fact that the tooth fairy was coming. He was over joyed!

So, the surprise was well worth the wait and anticipation. I have never heard so many "thankyou's in one night.

6 comments:

Kim said...

So fun glad you guys enjoyed yourselves and what an awesome surprise for the kids. Congrats Zach for loosing your first tooth hooray.

Kim said...

Oh and I love the new photos on the sidebar and on your topper, who did them? :) !!!

Yanira said...

I took Mikaela last spring and it was a lot fun. She loved it!! We did it as girls afternoon out.

Michelle said...

How fun! I wish I would of known I would have loved to take Rex. I never would have been able to keep the secret, although you probably know that about me already! ;)

SD and EJ said...

So fun! I made EJ go to High School Musical on Ice with me last year and it was awesome!

shh said...

Zach...way to go buddy. If you are losing teeth that must mean you are growing up. Come to think of it...somebody has a birthday next Thursday, the 20th! A big 6 year old!