Thursday, February 28, 2008

Jack-Jack (the Dan Dinger edition)

Does that look like the face of trouble or what? I was warned about the terrible two's when Maddie and Zach were toddler's, but they didn't seem to cause a lot of trouble. I never understood what "terrible two's" meant... and then along came Jack-Jack!



He may look charming! He may even look cute, but he has a little teasing streak in him that can not be shut off. (Does that sound like anyone else in our family??) Just today at the grocery store for instance, I was complimenting Jackson on how good he had been. I rewarded him with a candy bar. He proceeds to chuck it at the cashier's face, (an old elderly women I might add) and tries to spit at her and the person in front of me, all the while laughing at his joke!

Can a kid who looks this cute, cause so much trouble? When Dan gets home from work he usually doesn't ask, "How was your day Dear?" Instead, he asks "what trouble did Jack-Jack get himself into this time?" I must admit that he does give us some major comic relief, and he is always giving me hugs and kisses; he runs to his dad every day after work and greets him with a huge bear hug. He always tells me how much he loves me. However, last week was a rather difficult week for Jackson. I recall Dan asking if I thought Jack would ever grow out of it, or would he be the kid we were constantly bailing out of Jail. The sad thing is, I don't think Dan was kidding.


After a rather long and adventurous day yesterday Jack-Jack was ready for bed. He got his pillow and blanket and put it in this box of toys. He proclaimed, "Jack-Jack sleep here t'night mom!" He was rather upset when he realized I was not okay with that plan. I must admit that since I am not sure we will be having any more babies running around this house, I try to soak in all of his cute and funny moments, because I have a feeling he will grow out of them soon enough. He may be a stinker, but he is my stinker and I will keep him! The old saying "what goes around comes around" is particularly true in our case because no one is as big of a tease as his father! (Am I right Dinger's??)

4 comments:

Kim said...

So funny I was totally laughing as I read your post. Isn't it so hard to discipline when you feel like laughing too. Glad I am not the only one whose kids embarass them at the store.

SD and EJ said...

If Jack-Jack is anything like his father then I feel really, really sorry for Maddie. Brothers are the least fun thing in the world sometimes. Although, I will say that at least most of Dan's teasing wasn't mean, just annoying. I can't say that for all my brothers.

meg said said...

I think he's cute and you are just a bad mom. Ha! Just kidding - obviously. But he doesn' look deceivingly cute in those pictures - it's all a manipulation tactic though, I'm sure. :)
I'm glad you like my playlist. I love the David Archuleta songs. They are my favorite!!!

Michelle said...

That is a cute post! It's amazing what little stinkers kids can be, and to think they don't reach the age of accountability until 8!! I am excited to see how Jackson grows and progresses in preschool in the fall, it'll be great!