Monday, April 6, 2009

Surgery

Just when I thought my family was getting back to normal. . .Maddie needs surgery on her arm. Eeeeek!! The bone is gravitating towards the wrong bone, and must be manipulated to grow correctly. They are inserting a rod to hold the bone in correct position. The other broken bone needs to be turned slightly in order to grow properly. Surgery will take place tomorrow morning at 7:00 am. Maddie will be in surgery 60-90 minutes, and will be allowed to go home once she wakes up. Recovery time will be one to two days at home. Maddie was in tears because she loves her cute hot pink cast that already has a lot of autographs. I just hope my little "diva" can handle the pain these next few days. . .last week you would have thought that every bone in her body had broken because she couldn't do anything for herself!! She'll do great. . .I hope.

As for "skinny" pictures of Dan and I. . .I promise to get those up as soon as this surgery blows over! You'll just have to wait to see our amazing new figures for a few more days.

6 comments:

SD and EJ said...

Ugh, I'm sorry! She will do great, but I'm sure she'll be very dramatic the next few days. She is a Dinger, after all. Good luck!

jessica said...

That stinks! Hopefully it's a quick recovery.

Kim said...

I am so sorry that she has to have surgery afterall, I hope it all goes well. Maddie is so brave.

Yanira said...

We are so sorry Maddie has to have surgery. We hope everything goes well. I am sure she will do great and little drama is always fun!!

Whitney & Charlie said...

I'm so sorry! Good luck Maddie! (And Paige!) Love you guys!

Andrea said...

Poor little thing!! Best of luck to you both, I am sure she will do great. Keep us posted.