Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Potty Training


Jackson has been showing some interest in using the toilet lately. I have been dreading the potty training thing, but I have to get it done before he starts preschool this coming August. Today he has refused to put any clothes on. The Dr. had recommended to let him air dry to help heal a nasty yeast infection he has. So, I told Jackson that if he wanted to be a big boy I would let him wear underwear. I had a funny conversation with him in the bathroom as I was trying to help him go, it went something like this:
Jackson: "My foot go in potty mom?"
Mom: "No Jack, we don't put feet in toilets."
Jackson: "O'tay mom"
Jackson: "This foot in potty mom?" (he lifted his other foot to the toilet)
Mom: "No Jackson, feet stay on the floor."
Jackson: "O'tay mom"
a few seconds later. . .
Jackson: "Now foot in potty mom?"
Mom: "Jackson the only thing we put in the potty is your peeps or your poop" (I know I sound very intellectual)
Jackson: "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhh, Otay mommy"
(He then leans way over into the toilet looking down at the water)
Jackson: "Head go in potty mommy?"
......I still love him.
In other news. . . Jackson went to his very first birthday party. He had a great time. This picture is just before we left for the party. He was so excited!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We have almost the exact same photo on our blog!

Melanie said...

I love all the bows on the present! Looks like something my kids would have done.