Sunday, March 9, 2008

Paige's Weekend Away

This weekend Paige went to Kansas City to visit her sister. She left early Friday morning and will come home tonight. Things were going great at first. Zach and Jackson and I had a great morning Friday playing at the park and walking around the neighborhood. Then when Maddie got home from school we played, got a delicious Chicago Connection pizza, and had a late night movie party where we watched "Night at the Museum." The kids loved the movie. I thought it was pretty good myself. Saturday morning we played some more, went to the library and got some good books for the kids to read, and then went to Walmart to get some treats. Everything was going well until Saturday afternoon when Jackson got sick. Since then things have fallen apart at home. As you can see, the kitchen is a mess. (I'm not sure how the lamp got there.)

The bathroom is pretty gross too, though that was the kids' fault, not mine.

I don't even dare show pictures of the bedrooms and family room. Paige gets home in just four hours. I sure hope I can get this cleaned up by then.


11 comments:

SD and EJ said...

I hope those pictures are a joke. Otherwise your marriage might be over.

Dana said...

Nice Dan, I love it!
:)
dana

Anonymous said...

Oh, brother.
--Mom

Kim said...

Too funny. Looks like you made an awesome mom while Paige was away. Hope you had a good time Paige.

shh said...

I knew Dan had things planned for the weekend but housekeeping must not have been part of the plan. Like Zach told us last night on the phone while we were in KC..."Dad says we have to clean up the house because it is not like you like it."

Melanie said...

Okay, I believed you with the picture of the kitchen, but the bathroom gave you away. Where did you find those pictures? Hilarious, but a little disturbing!

jessica said...

That's disgusting!

meg said said...

I can beat your weather! You probably think 54 is pretty good, but here it's 59 degrees!!! ;) Hard to believe it was about 20 on Friday night. :)

meg said said...

update: it's 62 degrees here now. :) (of course I'm seeing this through my window and feeling very bad that I'm not outside. While you are enjoying your nice weather! I'm jealous.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious!! I knew it wasn't your kitchen because it was missing your beautiful stainless steel appliances!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious. Great post.