Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'll Get You My Pretty! And Your Little Dog Too!

This blog has taken me a while to post because Jackson's ear drum burst a few days ago, and today we were back at the Dr.'s because Zachary was complaining of an earache. I am glad I had a "mom break" because I have definitely been thrown back into motherhood very quickly since I've been back! Kansas City was awesome. I'm not sure how much of Kansas I was ever really in, but I thought my blog title was still cute. I think we were mostly in Missouri. Girl weekends R-O-C-K!! My mom and I flew in to Kansas City Friday afternoon. We were greeted by a totally cute lawyer, my sister. I must say, if a judge's decision was based solely on the cuteness of the lawyers, my sister would win every time. She looked amazing! Very professional. That afternoon we went to Liberty Jail and took the grand tour. That place really feels sacred. The Missouri weather helped recreate how horrible it must have been for Joseph and the other men, because even with long sleeves, a winter coat and scarf, I was still frozen through to my bones!
That evening Garrett and Megan took us down town. It was really cool. Megan's office is in a tall office building and she has a great view on the 22 floor. We are posing as her clients in this picture. Meg...you really need to get some pictures up!! We ate some famous Kansas City BBQ and then went to some amazing neighborhood with multimillion dollar homes. The only way I will ever be rich enough to live in homes like these is if Dan can write a best seller, or two. They were amazing.
My favorite day of all was Saturday. I don't know what it is about girls and shopping, but it was the best bonding we've had in a long time, until mom tried to physically assault me at "Steve and Barry's!" (Just kidding....sort of ) ;)
Sunday Meg sang in sacrament and did awesome. She has a great ward, and great friends.
I had to throw this picture of Liberty Jail in because it was truly unforgettable.


After church, a yummy lunch, and a nap, it was time to leave. Mom and I had such a blast! We were so exhausted from our weekend that we slept most of the way home. I hung around the Salt Lake airport with my parents for an hour. My plane was delayed, which could have been horrible, but a good friend from Boise (Tami Chugg) was also waiting for her flight. We waited together until it was time to board. I hope our next girl weekend is soon!

P.S. I would just like to clarify that the pictures in Dan's blog were found on Google, and are in no way shape and form my house!!!!!! It was a funny joke though!!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Paige, it sounds like you guys had an amazing time... I think my mom needs to plan a girls' getaway!

SD and EJ said...

Sounds so fun! We miss Megan and Garrett so much. Liberty Jail was my absolute favorite place of all the church sites we visited when I did the semester in Nauvoo.

jessica said...

Everyone needs a girls trip every so often...I'm glad you finally got yours! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

Kim said...

Looks like you had fun. Sorry you are right back into motherhood, but those breaks are great (I need one in a bad way). So that is your sister that sings huh? Hope everyone is on the mend. That is funny that you ran into Tami, everyone was gone that weekend.

Michelle said...

Sounds so much fun! We missed you though! Funny that you saw Tami at the airport. It was weird having both of you gone. I am glad you had time to bond with you mom and sis and go shopping!!
Hope your kids are doing ok!

Katherine said...

I am so glad you got a get-away. Looks fun. Maddie and Zach's video were so cute.
I don't know if I can get anyone to watch my kids on the 24th if we meet. My parents are going out of town.
I will call you though.