Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies


Most of you know I LOVE to cook! Through the years I have gotten better and better. Since Dan and I have stopped eating so much junk, I haven't baked as much as I used too and I have really missed it. Now that I have a lot more self control I have decided that I need to start baking a bit more and "plump" up my children. They are so skinny. . .and super picky. . .what's a mother to do??

Here is my absolute favorite cookie recipe that I must share. I have tried every cookie recipe I can, but for some reason I just keep coming back to this one. I got it eight years ago from my next door neighbor. I was pregnant with Zachary and feeling so sick all day, every day. She made me a plate of these cookies and I thought I had tasted a little bit of heaven. The secret to these cookies is to NOT OVER BAKE!!! Cook these for only eight minutes and do not cook a second longer. They may look a little doughy, but take them out of the oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet for six minutes to finish cooking.

The Recipe
1 C brown sugar
1 C white sugar
2 cubes of butter
2 eggs
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla
2 C flour
2 1/2 C oatmeal
1 pkg. chocolate chips or 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 bag M&M's

cook at 350 degrees for 8 minutes

4 comments:

EJ said...

Yum! I need to make these. Ash is sitting here on my lap saying, "Num, num." I guess she wants some too. :)

Katherine said...

yummy! Thanks.

shellydinger said...

I remember you making these when James and I were first married. I think I ate a dozen of them while sitting at your counter. We love them too!

jessica said...

I'm missing baking right now too! So I'm baking like crazy for a baby shower...so I don't eat all the treats! I'll have to try these cookies (in like a year) :o)