Sunday, March 28, 2010

Houston! We Have a Problem.

(Me and G on the Bike)
Girl weekend has officially begun, and Houston is awesome. It is so much fun hanging out with my sister and mom.

Day one: Enjoyed my first TexMex. It was awesome, after a long day of travel!!

Day two: NASA and the Space Museum, visited the small city of Galveston to see the Gulf Coast, tasted my first Blue Bell ice cream and wanted more, and last but not least . . .(drum roll please) . . .rode my first motorcycle and lived to tell about it!! (No, Dan you can still not get one).


(me at NASA)
(Historical Mission Control)



(Mom and Meg on the beach)
Day three: Went to the zoo in Houston and saw the infamous baby elephant named Tucker (he appeared on Scrubs!), visited Hermann Park, and toured the Holocaust Museum.



(a railroad car at the holocaust museum, this is how they would have transported the Jewish people to the concentration camps)

(Hermann Park)
Day four: Went to church and took a nice long nap (we really needed a day of rest!!)


Tomorrow: Shopping and home!


The best part of this trip has been the constant laughter of three crazy women!!

4 comments:

aubrey said...

How fun! I love girl weekends! Your husbannds wants a bike too huh? Every spring I look foward to this coming from his mouth, "we should get a bike so we can ride around together!"

My Dad would kill him if he came home with a bike!

Chanell said...

I didn't know you were going to HOUSTON... that's where I was BORN! I've been to the space museum and the zoo but I was like 5. How fun to go there for a girls week.

Matt said...

Love Houston. I served the mission there. I love Galveston island.
Why are you going to church on vacation? It's an unwritten law that you can skip it.

I'm calling Dan to do a guy weekend. You seem to get all the fun.

Whitney & Charlie said...

Can we come next time?!