Monday, September 21, 2009

Autism Run/Walk


Saturday was a great day. As many of you know, Autism has become a huge part of our family's life. So, this month was the Autism 5K Run to raise money and awareness for Autism in our community. I pulled a ligament in my leg and couldn't run, but Dan, and two very awesome friends, Kami and Andrea ran in it. . . and did awesome!! Andrea won first place in the women's division, and Kami and Dan were close behind. My parents came up from Utah, to participate in the Family Stroll with my kids and me. Ammon and his kids also came to support. I just have to say that while observing other families with their children I was very grateful for my amazing children. They may have some developmental obstacles to over come, but they are so light compared to what many other children with autism have to deal with. I know it is due to early intervention, amazing children, and my Heavenly Father. We plan to do this every year! Thanks Kami and Andrea for participating! I am so proud of my amazing husband for training hard and getting healthy.

5 comments:

Katherine said...

So Awesome Paige! What a great thing to be a part of! Way to Go Dan, Andrea and Kami! You guys are awesome!

Michelle said...

So awesome Paige, I am so sad I wasn't there! Andrea and Kami are amazing!!! Oh yea, and Dan! :)

Alene said...

Cute pictures--cute kids (My kid included!!)

Bell Blog said...

That is so great! I am glad that Andrea and Kami were able to run with Dan! :)

The Petersons said...

I loved it. Your kids are so sweet and it was fun meeting your mom and dad too. What a fun morning.