Friday, July 10, 2009

Closet Michael Jackson Fan

For years I have had to hide my love for Michael Jackson. As a child I had a poster of him in my room. I remember being so jealous of my brother when Grandma Ham gave him a Michael Jackson Barbie... which months later was given to me. I took care of that doll like it was my own child, caring for the one diamond studded glove, and changing his outfits daily. In high school I could readily give anyone a Michael Jackson high pitched squeal, and was proud of it. As a mature adult I have hidden this love, my husband is not a fan, and Micheal's freakish recent past has forced me to hid my obsession, until today. I truly believe that Michael Jackson is THE greatest entertainer of all time.

I watched the entire memorial service for Michael Jackson and was very touched by the public's outpouring of love for Michael and also his family. I am not naive enough to think his personal life was as good as his music, and I also would not be surprised if he was actually guilty of the crimes he was charged for years ago (side note****he was charged, but never found guilty**).


With that said, I will still rock out to Michael Jackson on my mp3, and will still watch most documentaries written about him. He is and always will be MY "King of Pop."

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You are funny! My first album was thriller and I LOVED it! I agree that he was one talented human being, but it's hard for me to get sad about someone dying who I don't know. Regardless he made an impact.

Yanira said...

Guess what I downloaded about 40 of his songs the day after he died from itunes. I was not his greatest fan but I did enjoy his music.

Matt said...

My kids love watching MJ videos on Youtube. Plus they like the Wierd Al spoof videos right after.

I can do a mad moonwalk.

Kate said...

I can picture you and Noelle now doing the Thriller dance! Hooo!

I love MJ too. Whenever I need a mood change I can rely on Michael to help me out. So so so sad. I cried when I watched the memorial (at the gym, on the treadmill--very embarrassing).