Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New York

My trip to New York came and went, but it was one of the most memorable trips I have ever had. It started late Wednesday night as I met mom at the Salt Lake airport. We flew all night so we would be in New York bright and early. Meg met us at the JFK to help us navigate through the Subways. . .a good thing because it can be very over-whelming. We went to her apartment and slept for two hours to give us energy for a long, adventurous day, and a busy weekend!! Instead of giving a travel log, I thought I would write some random things about my trip.

* The highlight of the trip for me was the Broadway play "Mama Mia" Thursday night. We enjoyed delicious (and guilt free) Italian Food before the play. We probably walked 18 miles that day. The play was absolutely amazing. . .I'm not even an ABBA fan and still loved everything; you gotta love men in tight Elvis pants!!


*Trader Joe's totally rocks. We enjoyed nuts, dried fruit, and other delicious foods you can only get there.
*New York Pizza is everything I thought it would be and more. . .soooooo delicious.
*We stumbled upon this amazing New York bagel place, the line was out the door so we figured it must be good, the cream cheese was probably two inches thick.


*I saw my first rat in the subway station my second to last day. It was awesome and gross at the same time.
*I was expecting totally rude people in New York, but we met some of the most friendly people. Meg lives on Graham Avenue . Many shop people waved as we walked by every day. The ice cream man down the street, was one of the nicest men I have ever me. He has lived in the same apartment since he was a boy. He told us about his experience during September 11th as he stood on the corner of his ice cream shop and watched the towers come down, you could see the sadness in his eyes as he recounted that tragic day.
*Cream ice is just as good as ice cream, but without all the guilt.
*The pizza man under my sister's apartment told me he would fatten me up with his pizza. . .I have never been told I need to fatten up!! I guess my diet is paying off!
*I ate 1/3 of a cupcake for lunch (The three of us split one)!!! The calorie content was probably as much as an entire McDonald's extra value meal, but it was delicious!!

*The "L" train was the cleanest of all the subways-- we used hand sanitizer everywhere we went!!
*I can see why everyone loves to shop in New York. I have never seen so many stores!!
*Real New Yorker's accents are sooooo cool. I love the way the say "Brooklyn."
*I now know what a person smells like if they haven't had a shower in years!! You can smell them over 100 feet away. . .sooooooo sad.
*I touched a purse that was over $2,000 dollars. I can't imagine paying that much for my entire families wardrobe, let alone one purse!!!
*Everyone thought my sister and I were twins-- which is funny because she is totally beautiful, almost six feet tall, and could be mistaken for a model . . .should I be flattered??
*New York really is the melting pot of our country. What an amazing city!!

10 comments:

Whitney & Charlie said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to go to New York! I bet it was fun to see Megan and what they're up to being all the way over there.

Melanie said...

Wow, Paige, it sounds like you had a great time! I would love to take a trip like that with my sister and mom! How did Dan and the kids fare with you away?

Kim said...

So Awesome I am sooooo glad you had fun. It sounds like it was great to spend time with your sister and mom. Sounds like you ate well and played well. I am sure that the kids and Dan are happy you are back.

jessica said...

Sounds like a great trip! Kind of makes me want to take one!

Michelle said...

Yep I am jealous! Of course they thought you were twins, you are one skinny hot mama! Yes Trader Joe's rocks and I am so jealous you got to go shopping!

Andrea said...

I love New York, it is just one of those places you have to experience. Glad you had such a great trip. Mamma Mia is one of my favorite plays, so much better than the movie, and Boise so needs a Trader Joes! Glad you are back!

aubrey said...

NY is one of my dream vacations! I bet it was nice to have Megan around to show you the sites and yummy restaraunts. I think that is very beneficial on a trip like that! Elise is wanting us to travel to Scotland in a few years and I keep thinking we need to take someone who knows the ways! I am glad you had fun!

Chanell said...

I love all the pictures. It looks like you had a blast. I love New York and how fun to experience it with your mom and sister. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Rebekah said...

So fun the spend a get away with the ladies! 3 beauties in New York City, sounds like a good time for all!
I lived 2 hours from New York City for 6 years and never went, can you believe it? Well, when we return to Connecticut I will have to make a trip with my husband.

Bell Blog said...

New York is so great! How fun... I am glad that you went, I would go again in a second! :) Looks like you did everything!