Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Rare Apology

Dear Dan,
Remember that day just before Christmas when I had second thoughts? I was worried that the Wii wouldn't go over well with the kids. Remember when I almost made you take it back? Well, I am sorry. You were right and I was wrong. Yes, I know, this is probably the first and last apology you will ever get from me; enjoy this while you can. Today I heard laughter. Today I saw high-fives. Today I saw two children (who usually seem to enjoy teasing one another) getting along. Today I saw two children complimenting one another on their skills. Today I saw the excitement of a home-run, and the thrill of getting a strike. Today I saw two kids smiling, enjoying each others company, and feeling like champions. So, today Dan you are a hero. Yes, I was wrong and you were right! Yes, today the Wii has "brought the family closer."


1 comment:

Michelle said...

So funny because Mark and I were saying just recently how we never play the Wii anymore. We were thinking about selling it, but I just can't part! I love you apology.